|Week 4th – 10th March|
|School||Monday 4th||Tuesday 5th||Wednesday 6th||Thursday 7th||Friday 8th|
|Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal (B) Glasheen Boys’ N.S.||Friendship Week – Walk to school with your buddy!||Activities all week promoting coming to school by different means|
|Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal (G) Glasheen Girls’ N.S.||March on Monday||Skipping on Tuesday||Dressing as Where’s Wally and WOW!||Book Character Thursday||Fitness Friday|
|St. Colman’s Community College, Midleton||Wheelbarrow Wednesday! Students have organised designated Park’n’Stride Spots around the schools and some students are even going to come to school by wheelbarrow!|
|Scoil Chlochair Mhuire, Carrigtwohill||Car Free Carrigtwohill! – Week Long Activities including ‘Moon Walk Monday’!||Walk on Wednesday WOW||Feet First Friday!|
|St Brendan’s The Glen||March on Monday||TipToe Tuesday||Walk on Wednesday WOW||Trot on Thursday||Feet First Friday!|
|Watergrasshill National School||March on Monday||TipToe Tuesday||Walk on Wednesday WOW||Trot on Thursday||Feet First Friday!|
|Presentation Secondary School, Ballyphehane||Encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week||Car Free Zone around the school – Ticket only entry!|
|Gaelscoil Mhachan (Mahon)||Encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week|
|Beaumont Boys National School||Walk on Wednesday WOW|
|Beaumont Girls National School||Walk on Wednesday WOW|
|Scoil Barra, Ballincollig||Carpool Crocodiles! Plus encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week|
|Walterstown NS||Encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week||Walk on Wednesday WOW|
|Ringaskiddy Lower Harbour N.S.||Walk on Wednesday WOW|
|Scoil Chill Ruadhain (Brooklodge) Glanmire||Encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week|
|Sundays Well Boys National School||To be confirmed|
|St. Marks The Glen||To be confirmed|
|Scoil Bhride (Eglantine)||Encouraging use of different Transport modes for the week|
4th -18th March: Additional 201 bus service to CIT. Additional 201 Bus Service for CIT students to make their 9am lectures. Bus starts at Mayfield, Lotabeg at 8am and reaches CIT at 8:45am. (route via Ballyvolane, Commons Rd. Blackpool, Farranree Church, Eircom, Harbourview Rd. Sundayswell, Victoria Cross) supported by Bus Eireann & CIT.
- Wed. 6th March Lace-up 5k fun walk/ run (organised by CIT gym)
- Highlight Electric Vehicle charging point which was installed last year at the Campus
- Go Car Trial: A GO Car trail has just begun at CIT to help improve sustainable transport at CIT
- Cycle Training: Cork Community Bikes and UCC are offering a free cycling safety training on Thursday, 7th March, 9.30-13.45.
There will be 8 spaces available. Start is 9.30 in UCC Main Campus (at Student Centre / Honan Chapel). People need to bring their own bikes and sign up in advance with Cork Community Bikes – contact: Darren at 085 1365581.
- Highlight 2 year campus bike project , roll out of the first bikes was 07/03/2011
- Highlight the on-going Car Sharing initiative
- 490 bikes have been acquired under the Cycle to Work scheme with UCC, push to reach 500 during Mix Your Mode – prize for the purchaser.
- Monday 4th March 1pm -3pm: Information stand on Mix Your Mode at the Grand Parade, will include Bike Dr session with Cillian Read from the Bike Shed – bring your bike along for minor repairs. Also will highlight some of the options available to people.
Saturday 9th March: Midleton Railway Station – focus on travelling by rail, information stand at the railway station 9.30am -12.30pm. SECAD will have an Rural Transport Bus service arriving in Midleton train station at roughly 11.30 on the 9th. Martha Doyle, local ecar ambassador will also be there with the ESB ecar. Bike Dr. session.
In the afternoon the information stand will be at the square near the Granary in Midleton.
In association with RED FM