Annual events 2020
- 2nd Feb: World Wetlands Day
- 7, 8, 21 – 29 Mar: Treefest 2020 / National Tree Week – 2 x Childrens Workshops Manch/ Tree Benefit Awareness & Planting
- 17 Mar: St. Patrick’s Festival – Mahon Youth Group cancelled due to COVID-19
- 28 Mar: Earth Hour -Awareness – Clearstream etc.
- 22 Apr: Earth Day – Theme Climate Change, partner with BCO/ CSFC as same week as Dark Sky Ireland
- 22 Mar: World Water Day – NWF Symposium 20th March in Tullamore cancelled due to COVID-19
- 29 Mar – 5 Apr: Lifelong Learning Festival cancelled due to COVID-19
- 22 May: Biodiversity Day
- 5 Jun: World Environment Day
- 5 – 7 Jun: CEF 25th Anniversary Weekend postponed due to COVID-19
- 15 – 24 Aug: Heritage Week
- 15 Sep – 15 Oct: Coastwatch – Training & Survey – Training new people & refresh for all Cork surveyors.
- 16 – 22 Sep European Mobility Week
- 19 – 27 Sep Bike Week
- CEF AGM 2020
- Oct: REUSE Month Fashion Show – Year 5
- Dec: Environmental Awards
From Vision to Visionary – Ballinspittle gets moving for Biodiversity To highlight the ecological crisis during National Biodiversity Week, Cork Environmental Forum worked with Karla Goodman, from Kinsale-based Made to Measure Films. This beautiful short film which focuses on onevillage,
This event, the first of two on finance organised by FEASTA, the Foundation for the Economics of Sustainability and the Cork Environmental Forum, will explore the potential for community-focused banking to help reorient the Irish economy in a healthier direction.
Cork Environmental Forum, with support from Cork City Council and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage are delighted to invite you to view this series of informative videos ‘How To Invite Wildlife into Your Urban Garden.’ This series
Our Award giving ceremony was different this year as limited to an on-line event but as they go it still exuded the great sense of passion, activism, caring and commitment to sustainability and the environment though the descriptive introductions by